Keine

ApexDC++ Windows User Guide

38 posts in this topic

ApexDC++ Windows User Guide

Within the attached pdf are the most important guides generated by the community. This is designed to help out the newbie and/or the skilled user in order to allow them to take full advantage of features available in ApexDC++.

Anything you would like to suggest, please post here, including grammar and spelling errors.

If you have layout suggestions, feel free to post them :P

Updated at 01/10/07:

-How To Install The PeerGuardian Plugin topic by Lee and ifmn

-Fixed some word alignments

Updated at 12/22/06:

- Added Advanced Settings Topic by Balder

- Added links to original topics

See you,

Keine

ApexDC++ Windows User Guide.pdf

Good work kien. it would be good if the topics on the front linked to the relevent sections. Also you are missing one - Advance settings explained. People may also benifit from haveing a link to the post on the forums so they can read updates and coments. Altogether a good guide though looks quite nice ad easy to read

Thanks, Balder :) Advanced Settings is inside the guide and There are clickable shortcuts to the guides.

Will add now the forum address and update the pdf file :P

Cheers

dvanced Settings is inside the guide and There are clickable shortcuts to the guides.
so it is and so they are :P.

I can get this link to work i get his erorr

<b>IPB WARNING</b> [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)<br />

Well, it is probably due to some hosting issues, please wait until we can have it sorted out (and posting once per problem is enough :unsure: ).

Is anyone able to download this attachment?

IE gives me the above error, FF 2.0.0.2 tries, succeeds to launch Acrobat Reader, but then the browser frozes and I am forced to "End Process". Acrobat Reader closes normally, but w/o opening any document. But the counter counts this as a download... Here is what I found, unfortunately it is on Romanian: http://www.roportal.ro/discutii/ftopic17757.html

IE gives me the above error, FF 2.0.0.2 tries, succeeds to launch Acrobat Reader, but then the browser frozes and I am forced to "End Process". Acrobat Reader closes normally, but w/o opening any document. But the counter counts this as a download... Here is what I found, unfortunately it is on Romanian: http://www.roportal.ro/discutii/ftopic17757.html

If somebody managed to download it, please upload it back here so I can get it into the main topic.

Is anyone able to download this attachment?

As I understand you are talking about attachment in first post (ApexDC___Windows__User_Guide.pdf). No I can't download it now but have version which I downloaded about 2 weeks ago. Here it is (I can't add it as attachment): ApexDC___Windows__User_Guide.pdf

I had no problems downloading the file.

Yeah, it's been fixed now. It was due to permission errors on the server.

A comment about Enable $HubTopic support in Advanced Settings Explained (11st page): this feature exists in YnHub too, it's not enabled by default however. Not sure if the Verlihub one can be customised but the YnHub one can send the hub topic (set by !topic) or the hub description (the one that you see in hublist) to your client (basically you can set it to send anything you want as Hub Topic ;)).

Hi,

on the very last page, in the section "13 - How To Install The PeerGuardian Plugin", it might be useful to have the phrase "plugin files" be a link to the actual .rar file or so as it is in the original topic. It just took me some time of searching several topics to find the files needed to install until I found the link in the original topic. Maybe there are more people as blind as me. ;-)

Seems reasonable. Or perhaps we could even put the plug in files in a more accessable place?

Hi,

on the very last page, in the section "13 - How To Install The PeerGuardian Plugin", it might be useful to have the phrase "plugin files" be a link to the actual .rar file or so as it is in the original topic. It just took me some time of searching several topics to find the files needed to install until I found the link in the original topic. Maybe there are more people as blind as me. ;-)

Definitely sounds like something worth adding. Unfortunately, Keine isn't very active anymore so someone else will need to make this change. I have been thinking about realeasing a new guide myself, if I do I'll make sure to include a link to make it easier to get the PeerGuardian plugin file.

Definitely sounds like something worth adding. Unfortunately, Keine isn't very active anymore so someone else will need to make this change. I have been thinking about realeasing a new guide myself, if I do I'll make sure to include a link to make it easier to get the PeerGuardian plugin file.

AFAICR Keine should be back soon, wasn't it in October?

While I understand that a permanent fix to the missing PeerGuardian plugin issue can take some time (it was 4 months ago when it was first mentioned but hey, who's counting? :mellow:) someone even mentioned having struggled to find it as I am now, can someone please the link to the PeerGuardian plugin here in the mean time?

Thanks.

-T1D

While I understand that a permanent fix to the missing PeerGuardian plugin issue can take some time (it was 4 months ago when it was first mentioned but hey, who's counting? :mellow:) someone even mentioned having struggled to find it as I am now, can someone please the link to the PeerGuardian plugin here in the mean time?

Thanks.

-T1D

Use any of the 1.0.0 betas (I recommend b4 however) and you won't need that plugin anymore, as the functionality is built in :stuart:

njah...

just thinking...

why in world nobody thought of adding the "/" commands to the guide?

i found 3 as such

how about the rest?