e-mo

Leave A Message for Offline Users

17 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I think this request is more based on the hubtool rather than client, but still I gonna post it here.

How about the feature to leave a message for a registered user? This means only registered user can leave a message to another registered user..just like in irc. e.g. /send msg OfflineUserNick MessageComesHere

so when that user logs in, he will receive the message with the notice of the sender.

how do u think about that?

Hi there,

I think this request is more based on the hubtool rather than client, but still I gonna post it here.

How about the feature to leave a message for a registered user? This means only registered user can leave a message to another registered user..just like in irc. e.g. /send msg OfflineUserNick MessageComesHere

so when that user logs in, he will receive the message with the notice of the sender.

how do u think about that?

so that this could be done nicely it'd need hub side support (besides this is a thing that would belong serverside anyways in my opinion)

Like you said, it's up to the hubsoft to support this feature. ;)

Is it ONLY up to the hubsoft? I mean, if the feature requires smth from the client side, it could be added, and when some suitable hubsoft comes out, it would start working at once...

Is it ONLY up to the hubsoft? I mean, if the feature requires smth from the client side, it could be added, and when some suitable hubsoft comes out, it would start working at once...

no it shouldn't require anything from client side...

as i said it could be done as client side thing, but it wouldn't be as good as serverside implentation, plus as i said above this is really more of a hubsoft feature than client feature anyway...

Ofcourse you could add an check if user is online every 10 minutes or so to send the message you have in queue, but, then you have to be online for it to send it, else you would need hubside support.

Ofcourse you could add an check if user is online every 10 minutes or so to send the message you have in queue, but, then you have to be online for it to send it, else you would need hubside support.

exactly, as i said above it wouldn't be as good as serverside implentation....

Sorry but this feature is rejected. ;)

i know that :) and everyone else should too now

i know that :) and everyone else should too now

It wasn't aimed at you, just a general conclusion to this topic... ;)

Damn you guys do alot of useless posts >.<

Why not. It's nice to see Admins with some style, not some boring officials. Especially as comes to Lee, since Englishmen are famous with their business manners. :)

Apart from joking, I suppose that some steps could be taken in sort of convincing hubsoft developpers to add such feature. :) Would do it, but do not know any developper.

Edited by Zlobomir

I have sent a message to most of them, providing a link to this topic, so all will be clear. Can not reach PtokaX, the two based on Sourceforge, another two did not opened at all.

Edited by Zlobomir

sorry for that, i did not check the links, i blindly trusted the site..

here are some more hub softwares, if still interested..

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6545

i think that Verlihub and YnHub are the most used hub soft..

no offence, but you should use their forums not just point to this topic, if you request a feature in their softwares. i would not like to go to other forums if i have my own feature requests section on my forum..

i think the feature is usable. it will require more hard drive space for hub owners if it is used regularly, but i think some of the owners might risk that.

but of course it need the mentioned restriction to leave message only for registered users, and maybe it needs a time limit also.

now i am writing into the wrong forum also, the feature was rejected for ApexDC..

I believe this is already possible via bots for... well all hubsoft? Considering I have seen messaging systems availble that must be the case.

You are right for everything, still I was afraid not to make a mistake in explaining what we want. :stuart: For some of them I provided the link through the forums. As hub-developpers they might have an idea that will make the feature more useful, so they better contact Apex DC++ staff first, if the idea requires some minor client-side change...

And I agree that for now Verli and Yn hub seem to be most used, so I prefer to stop here. :P If smo less lazy likes, he/she could use the second link you provided.