Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

even more ideas :D

7 posts in this topic

Start off by saying that I don´t like these connection icons and I think nobody cares about them, so what could we do to make them more fun hehe

I was thinking like icons of boys and girls.

You would select male or female in settings profile window and icons would appear like that.

Ofcourse there would be firewall and fireball in them, green, yellow and blue boy and girl and OP.

And maybe a diffrent pics for op´s in each class, don´t know if thats possible.

Just make them simple so users know what thay mean.

I would like to have in profile also age, location, photo, single/married/searching relationship. ;)

And I am not 100% joking, since some users may like to show more personality, especially if they are not of interest to some P2P organisations which we all know. :) It may happen that they are either sharing only their stuff, either the local rules allow sharing, or they just chat and do not share, or they share and do not care. I see this as some step to make DC++ even more community oriented, however I realize it will be really hard to implement and that all this may be a burden to hubsoft. But well, hubs will adapt and filter this info, if they do not want it. :)

Hehe thats an idea too, but I would not go so far with it but I think a lot of ppl would like to see this hehe and dislike ofcourse, maybe when Crise does my PM window this info could be implemented hehe.

No I was thinking to do a simple user icons but like the old DC++ user icons thay only have men, I have a lot of girls in my hub and girls are starting to use DC more and more so I tought it would be good idea to be able to chose the icon boy or girl. Not that it matters ;)

A location and age is maybe an idea too like the old irc when ppl was always asking of age, gender and location.

I´m just thinking how we can make dc experience more fun for users, I think developers focus more about the tecnical things then how users interact with the program.

A great program is fun to use with great user interface, simple with the option for advanced settings, stable and runs light and gets the job done right :)

I guess it's a little harder to make a person of specifically one sex in such a small space. Anyway, as long as this is disabled when emulating DC++ then I don't see a major problem with it, just got to get the hubsofts and other users making use of it.

You know users, they like such stuff... (OK, I am also user in this aspect ;) ). Space is not an excuse, can be made with button "More cool option" and additional window. :)

it might not be o good idea... some day we might end with a dating dc client instead of the most important function of dc ... (ripping)

So too much garbage is not good at all. although i dont disagree with, the user icons to define if its a boy or a girl.

makes speach easyer

What about a mug shot for favorite users ? :) If someone adds me to the fav user list, then the program downloads a small picture of me. Not necessarily a picture. It could be like an avatar or something. A custom-made image by the user.

About the boy/girl thing, that's already happening. Sometimes I even tranvstite. :whistling: I change my nick into some cute girl and ask for help on several hubs :) You have no ideea how many people (among the male population) compete with one and other in order to help you !! That is, if you know how to fake it and ask the right kinda questions. :P

Asl pls is dead. Long time. Don't you dare bring it back to DC ! But if it helps people getting laid, then be my guest... :stuart:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0