almiteycow

Linux Project Development

122 posts in this topic

is there a thread/place to discuss developing stuff???

This is technically it, but you can open a new topic if you have a particular problem.

ok, this is the first stupid question :

how do i compile the client?

i went to the folder and ran:

"make"

it builded the file multidcpp, but is a server afaik.

Hm, afaik we still do not have a ready client, just a core with basic functions, operating by telnet commands (search the topics a bit, commands were there...)

Hi all,

Almiteycow, I'm not much of a programmer, but since I'm very interested in the port of Apex to Linux, I'm willing to help out as much as I can, and yes , learn a little bit. If you still work on this project please let's get in touch, and make this happen.

Thanks.

Consider this idea dead ? no post in months

Until someone is willing to try and help, yes.

Consider this idea dead ? no post in months

We're still looking for people who are willing to contribute.

I've taken 0.3 almiteycow's version and tried to add revconnect there.. but soon turned out it requires some changes here and there. Having compared with 0.3 (from 1st post) it looked like it was based on the other version of apex (other than ported one).

It compiles and can be run now but it's not so obvious about some features and some are missing:

looks like PeerGuardian is only windows, so it's just turned off;

memcpy_amd looks like written in different version of asm comparing to one used by g++ (I've seen asm several times only:), maybe it's possible to convert it by script but without knowledge it's unlikely to be useful afterwards anyway);

NetLimiter also cut off.

So now it can download in revconnect way, however I haven't tested everything that I could have broken yet :).

To those who test: create another user for running it! It can break some files (I didn't get the meaning of shareDelete yet), but I guess it will fail creating a file rather than erasing one.

This is it

PS almiteycow, which apex did you base on?

Is it dead now? Why not to delete topic then?

If it was dead, it should have been deleted. :)

Is it dead now? Why not to delete topic then?

I'll contact almightycow for you.

Is there a GUI for DCget or do i have to do all the stuff over ssh? I want to run DCget on a dedicated server (Ubuntu 7.10), no Xserver.

How far is the "ApexDC for Linux"-Project? :)

OK then. Started thinking nobody looking here anymore).

sorry. im incredibbly lame. i will try to test the latest source over the next few days. is the latest source still on sourceforge

Hmm, interesting. I just happened to check in and see this. I'll take a look at the code and see what's up. Better late than never.

Bingo, it runs in Linux. I think we've got our core.

Thanks to Alexander, creator of multidc++ for the tip on how to get it to link.

Now to put the features in...

I'll have to make a list of the ones that we want to have in for our first release, and then you guys can help port them in.

Attached a makefile that works. If you download the source, you'll most likely have to fix a capitalization error here and there, and another small problem that I've forgot, but it should be easy enough.

i notice this makefile hasnt been added to the source code on your server neither work for me

make: *** No rule to make target `Server/queuemanagerinterface.cpp', needed by `queuemanagerinterface.o'.  Stop.

(^- from the src from ya server with the makefile added) is there a new location for the linux src please ??

ps think the dc++ core was compilable years ago, i swear i had it compile for me once, theres also other clients u cud look at for code help ie nanodc microdc microdc2 gtkdc think a few of them use the original core from ++.

i probably have no idea what im talking about but isnt firefox also written in visual c++ , could the same system of porting be implemented in apex dc?

after some research i realised that the idea is bad...

but why cant apex dc be written using wxwidgets instead as bigmuscle said?

If it stay actually, look at this http://code.google.com/p/stildcpp/

This client for linux built on original core, qt4. But its development process slept anout year.

I just haven't time =(