almiteycow

Linux Project Development

122 posts in this topic

try the following

bash$  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@apexdc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/apexdc login

bash$  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@apexdc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/apexdc co -P apex-linux

try the following

bash$  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@apexdc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/apexdc login

bash$  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@apexdc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/apexdc co -P apex-linux

Yeah, right..

bash: cvs: command not found

(ubuntu 6.10)

I see that DC++ is switching from WTL to SmartWin. I think it's bad step :P It would be better to switch to QT or wxWidgets to support Linux too.

I see that DC++ is switching from WTL to SmartWin. I think it's bad step :P It would be better to switch to QT or wxWidgets to support Linux too.

Damn, that sucks. :D

I see that DC++ is switching from WTL to SmartWin. I think it's bad step :wacko: It would be better to switch to QT or wxWidgets to support Linux too.

Can't you do what you think is better? ;)

Can't you do what you think is better? :wacko:

I highly doubt that totally seperating/splitting DC++ and StrongDC++ apart is the best option... Unless this new version of DC++ turns out to be very bad - which I doubt.

Agree it's a bad step for Linux support, but the GUI needs to be totally rewritten anyway (for Linux). I don't think it'll affect much Linux-wise.

That sucks, but on a positive note i have just had a recent pay rise and i'm happy to double whats already in the pot for the rev connect code. So if anyone can do this bit of code the pot is now $260

It should be rewritten to something like wxWidgets which is multiplatform. I will stay at WTL, I don't need any SmartWin which can only bring problems.

It should be rewritten to something like wxWidgets which is multiplatform. I will stay at WTL, I don't need any SmartWin which can only bring problems.

SmartWin - composite complex word, consisting of two antonyms :)

and I like the name of file which arne added to project - StupidWin.h :P

btw I thought up a new solution. Instead of porting DC to Linux, we will make WTL Port for linux :lol: now we need a person who will do it :)

and I like the name of file which arne added to project - StupidWin.h :)

Cool, but DumbWin.h sounds better and on Win native American English. Within the project development you may also need WrongWin.h, WhyWin.h, HateWin.h, DamnWin.h, F*Win.h. :P

That sucks, but on a positive note i have just had a recent pay rise and i'm happy to double whats already in the pot for the rev connect code. So if anyone can do this bit of code the pot is now $260

Nice nice. :) Congrats on payrise too. :thumbsup:

@Staff - Pls update topic description then. :thumbsup:

@Staff - Pls update topic description then. :)

Oops, updated, didn't realise that was the topic of this thread. :thumbsup: Will leave the annoucement for the moment, may want to make a new one.

If I manage to compile at least client part for Linux, will I get the pay too? :) :thumbsup:

If it compiles and works (won't WTL need porting?), sure. Can be a nice donation for your hard work. :)

If it compiles and works (won't WTL need porting?), sure. Can be a nice donation for your hard work. :thumbsup:

eh... Lee client and GUI are separate...

eh... Lee client and GUI are separate...

I said compiles and works... meaning the GUI too. :thumbsup:

I said compiles and works... meaning the GUI too. :thumbsup:

Lee, code can work without GUI :)

besides, we never asked for GUI... when it comes to the "prize" money

Lee, code can work without GUI :thumbsup:

besides, we never asked for GUI... when it comes to the "prize" money

By working I mean our userbase can use. If nobody is going to do the GUI, of course we need that doing too.

By working I mean our userbase can use. If nobody is going to do the GUI, of course we need that doing too.

Lee, just to remind you we originally asked help only for porting the revconnect code, which is just a small portion of the client code...

Ok I admit that DC++'s client project builds (or at least it should) on linux, so that will probably mean some of the work is done on that area, but regardless I could bet that the revconnect code won't be the only code that would require porting in the client code... so don't get too demanding there...

Besides if someone f.ex. BM (or any other dev aside me or almiteycow) did both the GUI and the client... we couldn't really call it our Linux version now could we?

I am not a linux developer (hell my windows devel. skills are lacking even :)) so I can not say for sure, but i still believe even a compiling client part would be a good start.

They didn't build Rome in a day, you know... :thumbsup: