Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

Extra Slot To..

8 posts in this topic

Would be cool to have a feature that gives an extra slot to the ones that have dl the most, I see in my ul queue that many have reached 99% or som so it would be good if thay could finish theire dl. Sort of "finish file extra slot" just for that file, he would not be able to start a new dl after that file, the slot would then be given to next guy that has the most dl' ed file.

Hope you get what i´´m trying to say :)

It can be useful if apex gives extra slot for a user who has Downloaded from you for 30 secs adter his DL has finished (or maybe 1 min) (as long as this remains an option)

Yeah, nice feature :D

I think that's fairer setting the criteria (slot giving) to the user who has downloaded a larger amount of bytes.. If a user has a faster connection, the other ones with slower connections won't download as much the faster guys had....

(kind of changing words, english is not good atm for me :blushing:)

//keine

i like this feature. i think, just to clarify. when:

• user that only needs 1% of file
  • user has already download some of file from you

an extra slot is granted so that user can finish that download and no more.

if that is the feature i think its a very good one. but it should be optional and i am unsure weather it should be on or off by default. My initial feeling is off but i can see a few arguments for on as well

No I mean a slot to the one who has the most downloaded file. first slot to the one with 99% done then 98% and so on. Don´t have to be an extra slot even, if user have 2 slots open then one would be given to the one who has waited the longest and the other to the one who has the most downloaded file.

There is nothing more irrataiting then being stuck with 99% of a file when you are waiting for it, so I think this is a good solution.

Just careful with the criteria, 0.5% of 5GB file and 1.1% of 5MB file should not be treated equally. Something like KB (MB) remaining may be better?

No it does not matter how big the file is, if it´s 5mb it would only take a few seconds then off to next man.

sounds like this could be a good feature but it needs some thinking about and the control of how it works should be up to the user

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0