Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Feedback

Feedback questions   16 members have voted

1. 1. Has the upgrade to IPB 2.2 been satisfactory?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is IPB 2.2?
  2. 2. Is the forum layout confusing?

• Yes (please state what area(s))
    • No
    • I don't mind
  3. 3. How would you like us to improve the forums?

• Re-organise the layout (please state how)
    • Add/remove forums (please state how)
    • More dedicated support members
    • Translatable section for Guides
    • Support multible language discussions
    • Other (please state)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

We're always thriving to reach the project's full potential while allowing our community to discuss and help progress the project as a whole. One of the ways to do this is the use of the forums, and therefore we'd appreciate it if you could complete our poll to provide us with some feedback regarding this.

You're allowed to discuss any points below too (in fact, we encourage it). :D

Thank you for your time in completing this poll.

ApexDC++ Management

Note: This is a great way to test our IPB 2.2 poll system.

I would like IPB 2.2 to remember me, instead of logging in each time. Except that, all is fine. May me a problem on my side.

I would like IPB 2.2 to remember me, instead of logging in each time. Except that, all is fine. May me a problem on my side.

I believe it is, but only because it's not happening on my end.

Can people spread the word about this feedback poll, so we can get extensive results. :D

I would like IPB 2.2 to remember me, instead of logging in each time.

I agree on that, as I have the site open in my browser for long periot of times, hate this re-logging in after some time.

Other than that it´s cool, just have to get used to this new layout. Have to test it more, dunno if it´s possible to make a poll on new threats.

O and what bugs me is not to be able to edit my messege after some time, would like that fixed.

the new forum looks really nice. the fast reply and quick edit functions are much better. I like the new postion images (eg manager, tester, support) however i think they should be clickable and when you click them you should be taken to the page showing all members of that group. Also i love this little extra "Welcome back; your last visit was: Today, 06:44 PM" if you have a memory like mine it is really helpfull to know how much of a thread you have already read. Oh and the members page and search has had a massive makeover. seems a bit busy but it will grow on me :)

i have almost no objections to the IPB (the code and functionality part) its ok. but the design and layout hasn't changed much over the default one, in my opinion its still the default ugly one with slightly changed colors.

i don't expect anything to change as its pain in the ass. you fine ppl are better of developing the client.

but in case there is interest in improving this place, id recommend a new visual identity. integration of main-site with forums, design and layout wise. its not that complicated, just a bit of a shell on top of forums and main-site and a few well placed links. like from forums you have no link to the main-site, or if there is one its totally out of the way hence why i didn't see it.

my recommendation is a website redesign competition, since this place has grown, i think there would be interest. I'm first to volunteer!!

Edited by Seeker

Seeker, the homepage link is top left. :blushing:

yeah i barely saw it. having a header navigation same for both forums and main-site would be useful. consider my proposal. its just a little modification of the current skin.

post-31-1166032782_thumb.jpg

post-31-1166032837_thumb.jpg

The forum one is too busy in the header. I like the border on the front page one those for the news items and stuff. We'll eventually have a menu in the forum header I think, cheers for the concept image. :blushing: That process could be done quicker if you want to do it, me and Crise are busy right now.

The forum one is too busy in the header. I like the border on the front page one those for the news items and stuff. We'll eventually have a menu in the forum header I think, cheers for the concept image. :blushing: That process could be done quicker if you want to do it, me and Crise are busy right now.

sure, i can find time to do it. how do we proceed?

sure, i can find time to do it. how do we proceed?

I return from uni on Sunday so I'll be able to help out a bit. Read your PM and we can arrange it from there.

:blushing:

For everyone having trouble staying logged in. Just set your browser to remember you... that should work. :D

Took the poll now, IPB seems to be better as commented by me on previous posts...

My suggestion is to reorganize the "Support & Bug Reports" and "Feature Requests" forums, creating a new hidden forum, containing the posts with solved bugs and features requested.

By doing this, the original forums ("Support & Bug Reports" and "Feature Requests") would be cleaner and easier to use, allowing dev team a faster feature implementation and problem solving....

Sorry for baaaaad english :blushing:

//Keine

Edited by Keine

The "solved" forum may be hidden, but IMHO the search should be able to access it.

The subforum icon seems to have reverted back... fine other than that. I dislike the whole shoutbox (/comment box) thing in user profiles and other weird stuff, remines me too much of MySpace and the likes. Some stuff is definatly improved though. :)

Ok, to get this discussion out of the pro's and con's of the IPB (which it has mostly been about this far)

What do people think about the "Support multiple language discussions" or "Translatable section for guides" as I see they've got some votes yet no comments has been posted.

I personally think that translating some guides to f.ex. russian would be good idea... also support multiple language discussions sounds good, but a) is there enough demand for it and B) do we have people that are capable of moderating those sections.

As for Keines idea about splitting the the support and bug reports to solved and "open" that would sound as a good idea as well...

I think translating guides would be worth the time if we can find people to do it, it's one of those one time only things and wouldn't require to be putting time in forever. However, I think subforums should be added as people who speach these languages are willing to put the time in, I do think subforums would be plentyh for the moment though.

As for Keines idea about the splitting of support and bug report supports... personally I just think prefixing/editing the title to reflect whether the issue is resolved or not is good enough. This needs to be discussed with the Support team to get their input.

Well, er, as a member of the Support team, my personal opinion :) is that "Solved" section will be good to have since it will allow faster navigation through the real, waiting support topics. But a short "solved" in the title will be also helpful, basically the mod can just add "Solved" and then move to the same section. :)

I like the new 2.2, it looks great, especially the profile part.

woohoo, post number 2 :)

Whoa, already on three now. :) I like the new layout of the members page, not individual profiles, just where you browse through the different members. :)

Looks great, the new 2.2.1!

I am only missing the "All unread posts since your last visit"! That was really helpfull to me, not to miss any post!

Looks great, the new 2.2.1!

I am only missing the "All unread posts since your last visit"! That was really helpfull to me, not to miss any post!

How about "View new posts", next to My Controls

How about "View new posts", next to My Controls

That will be excellent. And is this view, you must have the possibility to hit a button the mark all the unread posts as read!

Will this be feasable? That will be really great! :)

That will be excellent. And is this view, you must have the possibility to hit a button the mark all the unread posts as read!

Will this be feasable? That will be really great! :)

U sound like you are talking about some feature - "View new posts" and "mark all the unread posts as read" already exist :stuart: sorry if I misunderstood you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0