Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darko79

[crash] When Viewing File Lists In Download Queue

10 posts in this topic

One user is using nick "...A1m3TT1...The_Night_Wolf" and whenever I try to download his file list and then look for it in Download Queue (while it is still being downloaded), ApexDC++ crashes without any error message.

Not 100% shure if this nick name is causing problems, I suspec these extra dots are causing problems.

Edit: It tried again and it did not crash. It still crashed 3-4 times last week when switching to Download Queue->File Lists.

Hi darko79,

I have the same problem and didn't spot that a username might be the problem. Are you able to open the filelists entry in the queue? Apex crashes as soon as I mouse over the entry.

Tbh, the entry is redundant, because the queued filelists are shown in the progress window anyhow.

This is a known bug reported before, plz copy/paste the exception info with a crash. It´s located in the ApexDC folder.

At first I though username might be a problem but, as I already said, I tried to download list from same user and it didn't crash.

This is a known bug reported before, plz copy/paste the exception info with a crash. It´s located in the ApexDC folder.

There is no execption info file in ApexDC folder or I cannot find it. Is it supposed to be called exceptioninfo.txt? Also, there was no error dialog of any kind when it crashed.

It is just happening when you try to view incomplete filelist. :D Or at least it was so for me, since I was one of the founders of it.

i've also noticed this bug, but i cant reproduce it stably. and i really wonder, why exceptioninfo is not generated.

Any news about this crash? I wanted to reproduce it but I'm not able to do it, so I can't to fix it :) but I'd like to fix it very soon.

Any news about this crash? I wanted to reproduce it but I'm not able to do it, so I can't to fix it :) but I'd like to fix it very soon.

Well the only news i can give you is that BugMaster claims that he has fixed it, see: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=1086

But haven't have really had time to look at what/how he did it yet...

The reason of this bug is exception "Invalid floting point operation" in CBarShader::Draw

For fix I make such replacement:

qwStart += static_cast<uint64_t>(iPixels * m_dblBytesPerPixel + 0.5);
->
//fix for crash when select <File Lists> node in download queue

double tmp = iPixels * m_dblBytesPerPixel + 0.5;

if(tmp <= numeric_limits<int64_t>::max())

qwStart += static_cast<uint64_t>(tmp);

else

qwStart += qwSpan;

Also add "#include <limits>".

ah, now I understand where the bug is :D it is because filelist size in queue is -1, but CBarShader supports only unsigned size. Thank you for your hint, I'll fix it with a little bit different way :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0