Lee

Updates

39 posts in this topic

The forums have successfully been upgraded to IPB 2.2, which sports a whole load of new features to play with and updated group icons. On a similar note, we've re-arranged the Support & Bug Reports section, seperating them to subforums for us to easily distinguish between the two. Our newly created Support group will be full of dedicated members sacrificing their time to help you, so take advantage of this.

Following our 0.3.0 release, we're gathering feature requests that can be made available in 0.4.0. It's your time to suggest some new stuff to allow us to present users with in 0.4.0, so please stop by and post a new request. Today we reached 150,000 downloads.

The forums are now online and fully operational. If you however encounter any issues that you think could have been caused by this upgrade don't hesitate to contact one of the staff members. You must empty your cache by pressing ctrl + F5 in order for the new javascript to work.

I strongly recommend you to press Ctrl+F5, the javascript has changed.

We'll add language files and a few modifications to the board later on in the week. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just added a little update to the topic, saying that we've now reached 150,000 downloads on the SourceForge servers.

IMHO next will be 150 001. :D Next 150 002, etc.

The forums are now available to browse in Russian, Italian, Spanish, and French for all those non-English viewers. However, we still encourage you to post in English otherwise you're support request won't be understood. :D

Edit: Come and leave some feedback for us.

I've just uploaded a new set of group icons thanks to Greg. Here they are:

Any feedback appreciated. :thumbsup:

Donator and Staff icons u mean?

Nope, Staff and Tester :)

Oh and support icon can't really have blue guy, as what color will testers have then?

Nope, Staff and Tester :)

Oh and support icon can't really have blue guy, as what color will testers have then?

I'll give the Support person a purple shirt then, just realised it's off-center anyway... Will find a nice purple for it now. Already got an idea for the Tester group icon... as the Staff icon I'll spend 6 months developign that as it'll be used for me. :)

(But seriously if you can think of something to associate with "Staff" then do tell me... atm the best I can think of is a suitcase or something... not good.)

EDIT: Keine, seems that Donator = Subscriber? :)

Here are some, which came in my (tiny:D ) head first:

Developer = Cogwheel, like now :)

Management = Yellow star or some stylized (mountain) peak or smth

Subscriber = "+" sign

Support = "F1" or "? + lighting bulb"

Staff = "Notepad + pen" or only pen

Tester = White lab mouse (really enjoy the idea, do you?)

All may have mini Apex logo inside or near the main image... If you like the concept, give colors...

Second option: Use the army symbols for, you know, private, sergeant, officer, corporal, general.

Sorry if stupid...

If there's a mod or something for the forum which will allow people to choose which group icon they have then I wouldn't mind making multiple icons for each group, but personally I'm quite happy with the current ones... Except Staff and Tester icons, for which I will consider your suggestions, thanks. :)

OK, i will really enjoy the lab mouse. :) Can you make them animated *.gifs? I mean like:

1. Developer - The cogwheel - rotating

2. Staff - The pen-writing smth on the notepad, even if the place allows the letters S-T-A-F-F one after the other, pause after the second "F".

3. Tester - The lab mouse - running in some of these hamster-wheels, can't name it even in Bulgarian.

4. Subscriber - The star - may be pulsating or changing color f. ex. from silver to yellow.

5. Management - can't think of anything good, maybe only a necktie buttoned (animation) with a needle.

6. Support - a rotating screwdriver, wrench, or both?

Please comment on, my vision is just to make each one strictly individualistic, stylish and original, but please correct my understandings for these where needed. :) I expect that some of the icons, if approved, will be quite difficult to make and will require more space (height), but even now we have some free space, and we could use some shape like below:

P. S. Can't attach for some reason, but basically like the present icons, just with a larger circle or ellipse on the right, to accomodate larger image. :)

P. S. 2: What is the common thing between NextPeer and the icons here? :)

I really like your ideas Zlobomir. especially the mouse .

how about an animated paperclip for support staff. Animated to say "i see your trying to write a post". Only joking :)

I could even fit a little running mouse on a wheel into the current small space maybe... but I hate GIF animation, well I dislike GIFs in general to be honest so I doubt i'll do it. Both the cog and the mouse in a wheel thing would only need like two frames to alternate between though...

Right... I've uploaded two new mods for the forums. The first one is the group name indicator at the bottom of the who's online list to show what user colours are, and the second is allowing group icons and team pips displayed in topics. :)

group icons & pips not applied to Support group members, this intentional or?

Fixed. :)

Lee, you get the Tester group icon I sent you? Give me some feedback on it please...

I'd prefer something else if that's ok. If you can't manage anything, don't worry... we can use this.

Nice 2.2 r0x0rz :) Here's what eye noticed:

• With the Apex 1.3 Skin:
    1. When not logged in, looks like there's a space missing between "Welcome Guest(Log In[..]":
      spacemissinghb1.th.png
    2. When logged in, menu items get crunched (on lower resolution, screenshot with browser 800x600); it would be nice to have some drop-down menu?.. for example maybe with fade effect, seen it for IPB 2.2 on a few forums:
      toonarrowcg4.th.png

• With the default IPB 2.2 skin which IMO is a good alternative (although the modified skin looks awesome!), menus are missing (those extra ones that are present in the ApexDC++ 1.x modified skins):
    menumissingwn9.th.png

ps. looks like you've changed the time displayed on topics option (whatever it's called): now it's showing "A minute ago" instead of the real time; n0 biggie really, but IMO real time is better?.. :)

Edited by bïöµï¢

Seems that your layout is broken, but i don't know why is this happening (maybe cause i'm using 1024x768?)...

Drop-down boxes are a good alternative :)

EDIT: tested here now, and, with 800x600, the layout is messed. Here :

brokenil1.png