Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Squelch

[Support]*** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I keep getting the message "*** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." usualy after about a minute of starting a new session, and successfuly connecting to registered hubs. Sometimes it settles down after a few reconnects, but other times it persists.

What causes this? Am I being rejected from the hubs because of some misconfiguration or problem my end?

the error messages are normally caused by network issues. either the hub being down, dns change, it could be you isp droping your connection. anynumber of reasons. but normally, and i am not saying always, these errors are caused by network issues and no the program

I think we're all aware of it. Donno why it happens but if I right-click the hub tab and choose Reconnect it says something "Remote host ... "

The fix is to close the tab (right-click > Close), open up Favorite Hubs and [right-click] > Connect.

Usualy, there's nothing wrong with the hub since when i reconnect all 5.000+ users, almost of of them are still connected. I don't think it's possible for all the users to reconnect in such a short amount of time. So it's not the hub. Mabey some users are dropped by the server ?

This is a very rare case that happens in only a fraction of the hubs. Also, it happens once or twice a week (at least for me).

Hope this info helped.

It´s also often coused by too much work on the line, are you useing torrent or something at the same time, if so witch client. Try to use the transfer limiter to limit to your line speed.

I my case, yes. I'm using uTorrent and uploading like crazy !! I set it up to accept 300+ connections at a time, so that could be the cause to my problem. And to think that I've got a mear upload of only 22 kB/s...

Mabey it's just not enough for a proper connection with the hub. :)

Both the line and the windows can´t take that, use the inbuild limiters in both Apex and uTorrent to manage your line. I you have for ex. 700/60 kb/s line then let ApexDC limiter to 350/30 and uTorrent too. Don´t use 300+ connections that will only leed to failure. Windows is build for 10 connections at a time or something like that and the router can also take so and so much of connections + the hard drive would not handle it.

Thank you for the info guys,

I'm not using any torrent software, and the only other things using the line are browser and mail client. I do auto connect to around 20 hubs, so that must be what causes it. Thanks for the tip on closing and reopening. It does work, especially on two of the most troublesome hubs that I now know to share a server.

I've turned my limiter on to a modest setting, only to be flamed by some hubs for doing it. It's a shame people don't realise ApexDC++ is not the leechers client they see it as.

Oh well - spread the word

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0