Chad

connection problem

13 posts in this topic

Trying to use active connection , same way I did with DC++ but it fails on TCP, UDP is ok.

I tried various TCP ports, including same one DC++ was using (and DC++ is closed at time of testing)

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

I input my actual IP address starting with 24. and not sure what to input in Network Address for All Connections

Trying to use active connection , same way I did with DC++ but it fails on TCP, UDP is ok.

I tried various TCP ports, including same one DC++ was using (and DC++ is closed at time of testing)

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

I input my actual IP address starting with 24. and not sure what to input in Network Address for All Connections

You need to make sure you have your ports forwarded through your router. Check out www.portforward.com and then you need to set it to Firewall with portward. put in the ports that you've forward the porceeded by your IP address (your WAN IP address as opposed to the 192.168 one) :). Also follow DC++'s forwarding instructions on portforward.com all the info goes in the same spots in Apex :). Hope this helps solve your problem.

WAN should be your 24.x.x.x IP and bind address should be 192.168.2.2, AFAIK.

WAN should be your 24.x.x.x IP and bind address should be 192.168.2.2, AFAIK.

Hehe Thanks amp I forgot to mention that it seems :)

and bind address should be 192.168.2.2, AFAIK.

cheers amp i just wanted to let people know so they dont get scared by the bind address. you only need the bind address if you have two network cards

cheers amp i just wanted to let people know so they dont get scared by the bind address. you only need the bind address if you have two network cards

I already have port 2020 forwarded in my router and it works fine for DC++ but not for Apex DC++

I set it to 2020 in Apex and input 192.168.2.2 in BIND address, I pressed "get actual IP" and put 2020 in tcp/udp ports, tls left 0.

I checked, it still fails on TDP. This is odd and stupid. BIND address is not in DC++ as well, not sure why its in APEX

This is odd and stupid. BIND address is not in DC++ as well, not sure why its in APEX

It's in DC++ too afaik :)

I already have port 2020 forwarded in my router and it works fine for DC++ but not for Apex DC++

I set it to 2020 in Apex and input 192.168.2.2 in BIND address, I pressed "get actual IP" and put 2020 in tcp/udp ports, tls left 0.

I checked, it still fails on TDP. This is odd and stupid. BIND address is not in DC++ as well, not sure why its in APEX

Try leaving you bind address set to 0.0.0.0 and then in your Firewall with port forwarding section ensure that it's your 24.*.*.* Ip address. I find that at least for me the getIPAddress button returns my network IP(192.168.something.something) and not my WAN IP(24.something.something). So Just make sure it's getting the right one :) This is how I have Apex set up myself through a D-Link 524 router and everything works :).

bind ip address is useful if you have two network devices. it tells apex which network address/device it should bind to (use). if you only have one device just leave it as 0.0.0.0. bigcanuck getIP function in apex should get your external address now.

bigcanuck getIP function in apex should get your external address now.

Good to know this was semi "broken" in V. 0.2.0 was it not? Just making sure I'm not going crazy hehe.

I just would like to inform you that we have created an excellent set of guides already, namely:

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=4

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=462

I admit I recently dropped the habit of answering automatically, true, it is not so user-friendly to paste a link, but it seems d*mn user-efficient and faster. :)

IS it possible to make 2-3 staged test? I mean, if http://connect.majestyc.net/ fails, the checker turns to other site, if negative again, to third one, and then to report "TCP failed"?