Lee

Translators needed

60 posts in this topic

Over the past five years, we have been releasing program versions without up to date translations for our foreign users. We're looking to change that by offering the latest translation file for a group of volunteers who wish to provide official translations that we offer on our main site. This will provide everybody with the latest version of their preferred language on release day.

Translators will receive access to private beta versions of the program while they offer their free time to translate our product.

If you wish to help out, please reply to this announcement on the forums or PM me with previous translations you have done for ApexDC++. Preferential treatment will be given to active members and those who have already provided translations in the past.

Olorin likes this

Currently we have the following translators:

1. Italian
  2. Norwegian
  3. Polish
  4. Bulgarian - 3rd March
  5. Slovakian - 3rd March
  6. Lithuanian - 4th March
  7. German - 4th March
  8. Russian - 4th March
  9. Indian - 4th March
  10. Dutch - 4th March
  11. Danish - 4th March
  12. Romanian - 6th March
  13. Afrikaans - 6th March
  14. Ukrainian - 6th March
  15. Finnish - 6th March
  16. Hungarian - 6th March
  17. French - 6th March
  18. Swedish - 6th March
  19. Brazilian Portuguese - 6th March
Edited by Lee
Added more
mipar likes this

Having the translations on the same day that the new version appears is good, but not enough for many of the users, especially for those that are not advanced users and have no idea where to find the translations. Sure, they can search with Google and find the forum, but many will not do that, they are beginners also with regard to the internet. The best way to have the translations reach the users is to have them in the setup package. Anyway, I have translated ApexDC++ in romanian and can help you with translating the new strings of the beta versions before they are made public.

Having the translations on the same day that the new version appears is good, but not enough for many of the users, especially for those that are not advanced users and have no idea where to find the translations. Sure, they can search with Google and find the forum, but many will not do that, they are beginners also with regard to the internet. The best way to have the translations reach the users is to have them in the setup package. Anyway, I have translated ApexDC++ in romanian and can help you with translating the new strings of the beta versions before they are made public.

This is something we're looking at, and will change in the future. Eventually we'd like to bundle it in the setup file, or point users to the page with the latest translations and guide them through the installation.

Over the past five years, we have been releasing program versions without up to date translations for our foreign users. We're looking to change that by offering the latest translation file for a group of volunteers who wish to provide official translations that we offer on our main site. This will provide everybody with the latest version of their preferred language on release day.

Translators will receive access to private beta versions of the program while they offer their free time to translate our product.

If you wish to help out, please reply to this announcement on the forums or PM me with previous translations you have done for ApexDC++. Preferential treatment will be given to active members and those who have already provided translations in the past.

Currently we have the following translators:

1. Italian
  2. Norwegian
  3. Polish
  4. Bulgarian - 3rd March
  5. Slovakian - 3rd March
I'll update the list as we receive more volunteers. :)

Well, i know romanian and spanish languages and i would like to know if i can help and how.

If you wish to help out, please reply to this announcement on the forums or PM me with previous translations you have done for ApexDC++. Preferential treatment will be given to active members and those who have already provided translations in the past.�? 

I stopped translation.

Russian, xml or gettext preferred.

Hey!

I'm available for translation into danish. You can just pm me or email me for info

Cheers

CyRus2273

Thanks for the posts, we'll generally allow two translators for the same language so you can co-ordinate and spell check each other's work. If you don't manage to get in this time around, we'll come back to this topic and PM you if you're still interested. :)

Thanks for the posts, we'll generally allow two translators for the same language so you can co-ordinate and spell check each other's work. If you don't manage to get in this time around, we'll come back to this topic and PM you if you're still interested. :)

I can do a Afrikaans translation.

I can help with a Romanian translation :)

Email: darius902002@yahoo.com

I can help with a Romanian translation :)

Email: darius902002@yahoo.com

There is already a romanian translation.

P.S. It's not my fault if Lee didn't read attentively my previous message:

Anyway, I have translated ApexDC++ in romanian and can help you with translating the new strings of the beta versions before they are made public.

Actually I have received the e-mails about the private beta of ApexDC++ for quite some time, so I have updated the romanian translation when needed beginning with march 2008, when I have made a romanian translation from scratch.

I'm a certified translator into Ukrainian. I could participate.

E-mail me at admin[at]ukrainize.org.ua

P.S. To prove my expertise, ICanLocalize and Google are among my clients.

Russian version plz

plasddtun@rambler.ru

I can also help with Afrikaans, it is a South African language by the way :)

t3rminatr <at> gmail <.> com

If you wish to help out, please [url="

Hi! I can help with russian. Could you include me in your mailing list, please.