patch1

User file addition tracking

7 posts in this topic

Is there an easy way to find the files which have been recently added by a user?

To explain, I connect to a hub with less than a dozen users. To see if anything interesting has been added I would like to show the addition since the last time I looked.

An added since data function would be good.

Otherwise is there an easy way of saving file lists and comparing them when I download a new file list at some later data?

Sorry if this has already been covered else where. Had a quick look and couldn't find a similar topic.

There is an addon for hub software that allows new releases. But for this to be integrated to client, i dont think so.

There is an addon for hub software that allows new releases. But for this to be integrated to client, i dont think so.

If the server side addon is installed, does this allow clients to see what is new or just server operators?

If so what is the addon called? As I use a small local hub, software changes maybe possible.

Would be good if it added functionality to the client but I'm not sure how that would fit with the client user interface.

BTW, how is the "Subtract list" suppose to work when viewing a file list?

Will it display what is new if I use this function to subtract what the file list was last time I looked (and saved the file list)?

And what if the user just did a refresh?

how is the "Subtract list" suppose to work when viewing a file list?

Will it display what is new if I use this function to subtract what the file list was last time I looked (and saved the file list)?

Looks like I can answered my own question.

View file list of all sites you are interested in tracking changes on.

Create a directory in the ApexDC++/settings/filelist/todays_date

Copy the file lists to this sub-directory

At a later date, get a users new file list

Press subtract button and choose their old (saved file list)

Presto, you have a list of all the files they have added since you last looked

BTW

I still think it would be a good idea if ApexDC++ had this inbuilt (saving old file lists rather than deleting them then had a "view new files" button)

And what if the user just did a refresh?

It would work just like I want to to. :)

You can save old filelist (actually just turn off delete filelist's when exiting) but you need to move them so when the new one is download it won't overwrite it. Basically what you just did. :)

You can save old filelist (actually just turn off delete filelist's when exiting) but you need to move them so when the new one is download it won't overwrite it. Basically what you just did. :)

But this move can be optionally done by Apex ?on exit?, and even with setting about how many days ago to keep it. :)